Peugeot Expert Tepee 1.6 HDi - 5th Gear will not engage - gtech10

Hi,

Have a problem with my van and am hoping someone can give me some advise.

I cannot engage the fifth gear both whilst drving or stationary. Had a quick look at the linkage, nothing seems to have broken/come off. The van has only done 62K.

Problem started when I was driving on the motorway in 5th gear and the gear slipped into nuetral on its own and I couldnt get back into 5th after this. All other gear operate fine.

Would be very grateful of any advise before I drag it down to the garage. Much appreciated

Peugeot Expert Tepee 1.6 HDi - 5th Gear will not engage - Peter.N.

Will the gear lever go into the 5th gear position or does it baulk?

Will the gear lever go into the 5th gear position or does it baulk?

Hi, thanks for getting back to me, sorry for the delay, just read your messge. The lever does go into the position but the gear won't engage. All the others gears engage fine.

Also, earlier on today. There were noises coming from the clutch, seems like the thrust bearing has gone. Don't know if the two problems are linked.

Just to add, when the bearing is noisy, it goes away if i keep the clutch down.

Any ideas would be gratefully accepted

Peugeot Expert Tepee 1.6 HDi - 5th Gear will not engage - Collos25

I am afraid its a gearbox out and strip down or a recon box.

Hi,

Thanks - Yes, you're right, I took the gearbox out and thats where the problem was!

Any ideas if any other peugeot gearboxes would suit the expert? 1.6 HDi - Deisel - 5 Speed Manual 07 plate

A 207 is available(havent seen it up close), checked my peugeot service manual - software - and it seems very very similar to the expert gearbox. I was wondering if anyone could offer any advise. Alternatively anyone know of any gearboxes local to Luton.

Thanks in advance!!! Really appreciate this, im off the road at the moment and company is not too impressed?!?!!?!?