Ford Focus 1.6 Auto 02 plate - EM light, problem fixed twice and back on again - Mo1

Hi all,

First post here so hopefully will find out something new.

My light came on a few months ago so I phoned my mate who runs a garage, he plugged his computer in and came up with a code regarding the fuel (oxygen sensors). I am not sure what the code was but he said there is 2 of them and one is more common to break than the other. He ordered the part and fixed it the next day - light off.

Did seem to be using a lot of fuel so thought there may have been another problem. Couple of weeks later the light came back on, plugged in computer and came up with same fault so he replaced the other sensor - light off.

A couple of weeks after that the light has came back on again!! I am not a happy bunny to be honest, but why have these parts been replaced and the light has gone off if this was not the original problem, surely must all be linked? Any ideas what the problem could be, I am pulling my hair out paying out money on a monthly basis - will ford be able to tell me anything new if I pay them to plug it in? And how much will ford cost just for the info even if I get someone else to fix it?

Thanks if anyone has any idea what I can do or should do next?

Ford Focus 1.6 Auto 02 plate - EM light, problem fixed twice and back on again - jayeastanglia

you need the codes read and post up the code number.

Ford Focus 1.6 Auto 02 plate - EM light, problem fixed twice and back on again - injection doc

oxy sensor faults can be fpor a number of reasons including pattern parts ! but as already mentioned you need to post the fault code. An air leak can trigger a sensor fault like wise a lazy cat so please post the fault or fault codes before spending any more dosh.

There is a lot more to diagnostics than just reading a code and replacing a part.