BMW X5 - compensation - redhead-7

In 2007 we bought a BMW X5 from a local car dealer we were friends with. Not long after we had it, things started going wrong, battery, electrics, catch on boot, etc......this soon lead to major things like, gas suspension, drives, fuel pumps etc. After investigation we discovered it had been clocked, and that it was an ex police vehicle. All of which we did not know when we bought it. To cut along story short, after attempts to have the car dealer rectify the problem, which he did not, we took our case to trading standards, after just over 3years, our case was heard in court and we won our criminal case against the car dealer.

We now are in the prcocess of taking our civil case for compensation, what exactley are we entitled to claim for????

We made payments on the finance agreement, we also traded in a freelander jeep as deposit.

We had to buy a cheap run around for a year and for all the other time we have had to use taxis, over the 4 to 5 years that have passed we have had to due to family, school, childrens classes, work and university pay more money than i care to think about in taxis..roughly £150 pound a week.

I just need to advice on what losses i can claim for???

BMW X5 - compensation - LucyBC

Try going for the full cost you paid for the vehicle plus loss of use at £15 a day for any period you were off the road (ie you did not have use of it) .

If you need help bringing your case or wish to discuss further contact me directly at asklucy@honestjohn.co.uk