Ford ocus 1.6 TDCI 2005 - DTC and PATS codes - focuskev

Hi,

Checking my onboard diagnostics on this car (hold reset button on indicator stalk down while turning key to position 2) I have noticed that while scrolling through the data I come across DTC #01 D900 and further on PATS KEY FLAGS 10 / 5C.

I am having problems with an intermittent start on this car and wondered if this info held the clue to what it is?

Any help appreciated

Regards

Ford ocus 1.6 TDCI 2005 - DTC and PATS codes - MikeTorque

D900 means a communication error on the CAN-bus. You'll need to get a proper diagnostics done to ascertain what's causing the DTC and PATS codes, then they'll be able to sort out what's causing the intermittent start problems.

Ford ocus 1.6 TDCI 2005 - DTC and PATS codes - injection doc

error on comms is really common fault code to appear on Fords and nearly impossible to erradicate.

This link may be useful as well. You will need to check all connections on imobilizer system and dash. The dash themselves can cause all sorts of issues.

http://www.focushacks.com/?modid=37&ht=Instrument%20Cluster%20Test%20and%20Diagnostic%20Mode

Hi and thank you. Thats interesting. I have posted another query on here in relation to LED bulbs on sidelights,interior lights and number plates being installed. I wonder if this can effect the CANBUS like some HID kits do?

The dash sweep and light check does not present a problem so does this mean the cluster is ok?