Vauxhall Signum - navtec70 built in sat nav - drawbag

i have recently had a new alternator and battery fitted and since then my built in sat nav will no longer work .Says (initialising) but gets no further .Any ideas ?Have also tried ejecting disc but will not eject !

Vauxhall Signum - navtec70 built in sat nav - Dynamic Dave

Try disconnecting the power to it again and see if it will reset properly.

btw, it's a CD70 sat nav system, not navtec70. Navtec is the company that makes the map CD.

thanks for advice also been mentioned to remove fuse behind sat nav ? any ideas ? will try disconnecting power first watch this space !!!!!!

watch this space !!!!!!

And?

nothing still !!!also took unit out to check fuse behind unit soooo infuriating any ideas ???

Vauxhall Signum - navtec70 built in sat nav - Victorbox

If it's a VX CD70 then after the battery is disconnected it will most likely need the code entered from the Vauxhall PASS CARD in your owner's wallet, which hopefully you still have?

Vectra's that are full canbus don't require a code to be entered into the stereo following a power interuption. They only require the car pass to divorce the display screen from the stereo and to marry up to another screen.

Only half canbus Vectra's require the code to be entered after a power interuption.

How to tell whether full or half canbus?

Full canbus - the steering wheel has 4 buttons and 2 scroll wheels.

Half canbus - the steering wheel has 6 buttons.

thank you for advice will try that next i do have pass card will let you know how it goes . How do i input the code after connecting battery ???

See my above post about NOT having to enter the security code after a power interuption.

Only necessary if you change the stereo or display - and has to be done with a Tech2 diagnostic reader, or similar.

right well upto now we have tried the fuse and dissconected the battery and still nothing the screen still flickers and the disk will not eject seems to me like the satnav has just died but the disk still spins can you think of anything else to try ?

Who originally fitted the new battery and alternator? Have you no come back against them?

hello again !

Have checked and is 4canbus. Would have taken it back to garage but had a disagreement over work done and price .Would never go there again wish had taken it to vauxhall !!!! Am just off to Halfords for temporary sat nav till hopefully mine gets fixed.Will await your reply