Vauxhall Vectra C - DM Flywheel warranty - Nitrusoxide2k1

Hi there,

I have an issue with Vauxhall at the moment with the Dual Mass Flywheel, The car Is a Vectra (57 Plate) and just out of warranty by 6 months.

The DMF has been replaced twice, the last time in October (just as my warranty ran out).

I have now taken her to the garage to get the Cam belt fitted, and they have told me the DMF is now needing replaced again.

They want me to contribute 50% of the costs as the car is out of warranty.

I have not accepted this as I have done less than 5,000 Miles since it was last changed (just under 6 months ago).

they have told me that there is no warranty for parts "out of warranty" unless i Paid for it.

Is this true or are they trying to pull wool over my eyes. the problem I have had - never went away and I wouldnt have put it past them not even changing it.

Thanks for any advice .

Vauxhall Vectra C - DM Flywheel warranty - Peter D

The last time I came across a DMF at such a low mileage was a young women who parked nose down her steep long drive in a Golt 1.9PD Tdi. It was reversing up the driver everytime she left the house that killed the DMF.

You must by pretty hard on your DMF's to be eating them, Mind you your username is Nitrusoxide2k1, may be that is a clue. Regards Peter

I have only done 18,000 miles since i had the car 2 years ago, the DMF has been replaced less than 12 months interval between them.

The fault I am getting is a banging noise when i start the car and a lot of "juddering" at the biting point. This has NEVER gone away .

Sure sign of a busted DMF, when did the first one start to do this. Regards Peter

The problem can be caused by excessively fast gear changes up the box and down the box without double de clutch. There is a lot of torque and rapid slowing of the flywheel. Did the car have a replacement DMF before you owned it. Regards Peter

Vauxhall Vectra C - DM Flywheel warranty - jc2

Parts fitted within the original warranty period are only covered to the end of the original warranty-unless you're paying.

Vauxhall Vectra C - DM Flywheel warranty - Bedhead

Sounds like they only replaced the clutch pressure plate and friction plate, when I sell a clutch to someone, I ALWAYS recommend they replace the DMF if one is fitted, I have seen a apparantly good DMF give up the ghost within a few days of a new clutch being fitted many many times.

I know the 1.9 diesels eat them, but three on the bounce is rather excessive!

Vauxhall Vectra C - DM Flywheel warranty - unthrottled

Quite. Has the OP stated whether the car is stock or not?

Not sure if it has had it replaced before, I noticed the noise when i bought it, Knowing I had a warantee I took it straight to vauxhall who said it was a Flywheel issue.

The issue has NEVER gone, but due to work / kids / i just really did not have the time to chase it up.

I bought the car on 38,000 miles and its on 56,000 now 2 have been replaced so far, but never has made any difference at all - when I questioned it they said that vectras are supposed to "judder" on biting point and they did replace DMF..

awaiting calls from Vauxhall now, but I am not a heavy user on the clutch etc.

What do you mean "stock" ?. thanks

Vauxhall Vectra C - DM Flywheel warranty - unthrottled

Well, if the engine had been heavily modified, it could overwhelm the clutch very quickly (just wondered with your username bing nitrousOxode :) )

They shouldn't hve fobbed you off with the 'clutch judder is normal' line. A properly aligned clean clutch should engage smoothly without judder from day one. My dad was fobbed off with this line, and the clutch juddered at bite point for the three years he owned the car.

ha No, the username is just a ego trip !

Vauxhall have offered to look at it and pay 50% cost (which is £600 ! ) i didnt realise it cost over £1200 to fit a flywheel.

I have argued with them that the problem has always been there and even though the flywheel has "allegedly" been changed the problem never went away.

Should a replacement cure this juddering?

thanks

*Update*

Well I managed to get the flywheel repaired in June and Vauxhall contributed 75% towards it.

1 week after the flywheel replaced - the fault re-occured.

I am stumped now as they agree it looks like they cannot rectify the fault.

where do I stand now ??

Vauxhall Vectra C - DM Flywheel warranty - alin

I am a "proud" owner of a vectra c from Romania. I have the same problem with the DMF. Just ordered the cluch kit and DMF from UK via eBay (teh parts are LuK) and changed them in a neighborhood garrage where I use to go...pretty good mechanics.

From the very first engine start with brand new DMF and clutch the engine feels like tearing into parts. I went to the Vauxhall (Opel in my country) dealer and they said is the DMF...I have only 500 km with it...what in the world am I supposed to do further on? I feel like burning this d**n car.

What's interesting is that if I press the clutch pedal when I hit ignition, the engine start is not so loud as it is if I don't press the clutch pedal.

Guys, any idea you give me in order to solve this problem, would be like "sun in my heart for a thousand years". I used to love this car when I bought it but know is driving me crazy.

Many thanks.

A LUK DMF and clutch kit from Ebay. You had better check the supplier out. I suspect a copy. How muvh did you have to pay without carraige. Regards Peter

Vauxhall Vectra C - DM Flywheel warranty - alin

The DMF and clutch kit cost around 500 sterling without carriage. I have several friends from Romania that bought the parts from the same supplier and they have no problem at all. Actually this how I found out about this way of purchasing the parts.

But now that you've mentioned the possibility of fake parts, I'll try to see if there is any way to check the product code on LUK website or anywhere else.

Anyway, I keep being confident that they are not fake. And even if they were fake...would they break after only 200 km?