Mid size car/mpv for 5 adults - richardcroft

I'm looking for a midsize for less than £,000 which will seat 5 adults comfortably on a long journey. I though an 02ish Mondeo would be ideal. The only problem is the hump in the middle of the back seat. Would 3 adults sit comfortably side by side in MK1 Renault Scenic? Any other suggestions welcome.

Cheers

Richard

Mid size car/mpv for 5 adults - Boulder2k9

Might need a bit more than that to get yourself a Mondeo let alone a copy of autotrader...

:) Sorry had to be said, being serious what is your budget?

Mid size car/mpv for 5 adults - richardcroft

LOL. £2,000.

Mid size car/mpv for 5 adults - jamie745

Few years ago me and three friends got a taxi to the airport, 100+ mile trip in a Ford Galaxy, and all of us are around six foot and i was in the back and even the guy in the middle was perfectly fine with the Galaxy's seating. And you can trade a third row of seats for a bigger boot in most of them.

Not many around for that sort of price now though, a diesel one would be preferable, but you can probably get a petrol one for around a grand in decent nick.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201110381534418/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/3000/body-type/people_carrier/model/galaxy/make/ford/radius/1500/page/1/postcode/ip119ad?logcode=p

You can find quite a few Toyota MPV's on auto trader for a low price. Estima's and Lucida's etc but most will be getting on a bit now but plenty of diesels for around a grand and Toyota's have a great reliability record.

A big saloon or something i think is fine for a short trip but just the fact you dont have the bump in the middle of the back seats on the floor in an MPV really makes all the difference in my view.

Mid size car/mpv for 5 adults - Sulphur Man

Look around for a Honda Shuttle. A good one might be tricky to find, but something of a forgotten gem, with great comfort and space.

Mid size car/mpv for 5 adults - Boulder2k9

Sulphur Man- great idea there actually such a underated car! I am sorely tempted by this bargain motoring at its best;

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201113383093218/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/3000/model/shuttle/make/honda/radius/1501/page/1/postcode/sw1a0aa?logcode=p

Mid size car/mpv for 5 adults - Avant

A Shuttle would be good but they were indeed underrated: never saold well so few about now.

If you don't want anything as big as that, the old-shape 5-door Honda Civic has a huge amount of legroom and a reasonably flat back seat (and a flat floor). No good if the five adults also come with luggage, but well worth considering if they don't.

Mid size car/mpv for 5 adults - bannerman

Ford C max diesel , comfort the best. five no problem. reliable I am on my second with little or no problems access briiliant , driving briiliant., Ghia or Titanium have good specs