Ford Fiesta Encore 1998 1.25 - MOT Advisory Items how much could they cost to fix - Jandel84

Hello,

I am hopeing to sell my Ford Fiesta as I want to move to China in June. Only thing is it received the following list of advisory items that could result in it failing it's MOT in that same month.

1. Offside and Nearside rear (outer sill) suspension component mountings prescribed areas are corroded but not considered excessive.
  2. Offside rear (wheel arch) seat belt anchorage prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive.
  3. Nearside and Offside rear (axle) trailing arm rubbers deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement.
  4. Nearside rear brake juddering slightly.
  5. Both front wishbone rubbers coming away from housing.
  6. Passenger side rear handbrake does not lock.

As it's been almost a year since the last MOT I think I'm going to have to get these problems fixed in order for me to sell my car for a decent price. I'd really like to know which areas anyone feels need to be looked at in order to pass the MOT and how much it might cost me to get the jobs done.

Thank You.

Ford Fiesta Encore 1998 1.25 - MOT Advisory Items how much could they cost to fix - Cymrogwyllt

One certain way to find out it to get it tested and then take it from there

Ford Fiesta Encore 1998 1.25 - MOT Advisory Items how much could they cost to fix - martint123

Agreed - take it in and see what happens.

If you have ignored the rust advisories since the last MOT and used it over this past (salty) winter, then it could get expensive to sort out.

Ford Fiesta Encore 1998 1.25 - MOT Advisory Items how much could they cost to fix - Collos25

Probably cost more to fix than the cars worth.

Ford Fiesta Encore 1998 1.25 - MOT Advisory Items how much could they cost to fix - Vitesse6

Agree with the above, will it be worth the trouble and expense of fixing it and then trying to recoup the money from selling it - just take the scrap value and save yourself a lot of effort.

Ford Fiesta Encore 1998 1.25 - MOT Advisory Items how much could they cost to fix - Jandel84

Thanks guys I shall see how much its scrap value is as well as the costs of fixing things. Cheers.