2001 X Reg Volvo V40 Estate - Ignition Key - ColinJ

Could anyone tell me how to change the battery in the flip key/ignition key.

Cheers

2001 X Reg Volvo V40 Estate - Ignition Key - ex-Triumph man

Don't know myself. However the procedure should surely be in the owner's handbook.

2001 X Reg Volvo V40 Estate - Ignition Key - ColinJ

Thanks for that but i have not got handbook.

Cheers

2001 X Reg Volvo V40 Estate - Ignition Key - Peter D

If it is the trianglar type then there is a small crosshead screw that allows you to remove the rear and give access to the CR2032 battery.

Regards Peter

2001 X Reg Volvo V40 Estate - Ignition Key - Paul G1pdc

PETERS GOT IT SPOT ON...

my wife owns a V40 2004 reg, with the remote that has the red warning triangle (panic alarm on it)

I have a v40 2000 (w reg) with just "lock" and "unlock" buttons,

to change the batteries on mine you just need a 2p to open the 2 halves the newer ones are as peter has said, the batteries can be bought from tesco, volvo, and watch sellers cost under £2 each. generally last for years....

i only changed the batteries in my wifes car last year...ie 6 years old.

if you want an owners book try ebay or a local car breakers. it'll tell you how to turn your day time runnng lights on and off, and all the other little things that are handy to know.

service parts like spark plugs and even windscreen wipers are cheaper from the main dealer than halfords....yeh really.....eg spark plugs are £4 cheaper per set than halfords..hahaha

(prices as per 4 months ago, Oxford volvo main dealer, vs Bicester Halfords...

paul.

volvo 2004 with 36,000miles 1.8 sport (owned 1 year)

volvo 2000 with 96,700miles 2.0 xi (owned 8 years)

2001 X Reg Volvo V40 Estate - Ignition Key - Paul G1pdc

drove home and looked at the keu fob on the 2004 car, oppps got it wrong.

it doesn't have a screw, when you turn the fob upside down so the buttons are underneath the rear plastic cover is in 2 halfs the half near the key ring need to be push towards the keyring, then the batteries can come out.....

paul.