2010 ford focus - EM light flashing loss of power on acceleration - Fleabie36

just purchased 2010 focus 1.6 zetec 15,000 miles on clock.

Engine management light flashing on and off, accelerating to 80 miles per hour a no go. Car went in the garage and replaced with new sensor, set off from garage 5 minute journey via motorway and light came on again and won't let me hit 80 mph. Any ideas because ford don't seem to know?

Any help would be grateful

2010 ford focus - EM light flashing loss of power on acceleration - elekie&a/c doctor

Petrol/diesel ?,what sensor replaced?

2010 ford focus - EM light flashing loss of power on acceleration - Fleabie36
Sorry petrol.

Garage said it was a heat sensor thats been replaced causing it to judder and not let you reach certain mph.
Drove off last night all fixed apparently, within 3 miles car was doing the same, took it straight back to garage and they then said reader was telling them it was coil 1. Not heard anything today.
Picked this car up new saturday and only driven 150 miles, been in garage since Tueday night might be another problem as they haven't got back to me as of yet.
Realised it had been a hire car for well known hire company so obviously had the backside screwed off it. I'm not a happy bunny!!!
2010 ford focus - EM light flashing loss of power on acceleration - Brian Kydd

sounds like a typical Fix Or Repair Daily, try the cam sensor, faults but does not show code.