Vauxhall vectra 52 plate - Refusing insurance Co. 1st offer. - stevie435

Hi, Ins Co. have written my car off (which i am accepting), but they have, as expected, made an offer that i'm not happy with. Having told them this, they said they now need the documents (v5, ins. mot and copy of my license) in order to 'maybe' come up with an improved offer. I'm not sure if this is them trying to pull a fast one, and that once they have the docs, they then tell me that i have accepted the 1st offer. Can anyone help please???

Vauxhall vectra 52 plate - Refusing insurance Co. 1st offer. - LucyBC
You need to supply the documentation along with a covering letter saying you do not accept their offer.

Can you outline of this is a fault or non-fault claim and whether you are claiming against your own insurer directly or that of the third party?

Accident is down as my fault (slid on ice and hit car at junction), claiming on my own insurance. Also, do i send them the cheque back from their first offer? Thanks for your advice LucyBC.

Vauxhall vectra 52 plate - Refusing insurance Co. 1st offer. - bonzo dog

Hi Stevie, if they have sent you a cheque this would suggest that they believe you have accpted their offer.

I'd return the cheque (recorded delivery) accompanied by a letter informing them that you have not accpted the offer & would they please send you the tapes of the conversation where they belive you have accepted the offer.

After reciept then write to them again asking on what basis they have arrived at their figure. Depending on what they say would determine my next course of action.

Please keep us informed & good luck

Well that's a month now and finally (after phoning the ins. company) they've come up with an improved offer. Only problem now is that they were'nt aware i'd sent the original cheque back and all they sent me was a poxy cheque to add to the original. Now have to wait on other one in the post, but thankfully thats the whole horrible mess finally over with and i can get on with the hunt for a new set of wheels. Thank you guys for your help, cos i'd probably still be doubting whether or not to send those forms away if it were'nt for your words of wisdom. Thanks again.