Ford Focus TDCI 55 Plate 1.6 (110) zetec - DPF or not DPF - focuskev

Does anyone know if this vehicle has a DPF and what servicing does this require if it does?

Regards

Ford Focus TDCI 55 Plate 1.6 (110) zetec - DPF or not DPF - elekie&a/c doctor

The best way to check is to take a look under the rear of the car.By the back axle beam is a plastic tank with a few plastic pipes attached.Also there is an electrical connector clipped onto the left side.If the tank is present ,this holds the dpf fluid (about 2.5 litres)and needs to be refilled around 100k kms.hth

Ford Focus TDCI 55 Plate 1.6 (110) zetec - DPF or not DPF - DPF-Cleaning.com

There is a very good chance that this has got a dpf fitted. Its the PSA group 1.6 HDI engine. Beware of problems with blocked dpf's on this age of Focus.

Anything you want to know please have a look at www.dpf-cleaning.com

Ford Focus TDCI 55 Plate 1.6 (110) zetec - DPF or not DPF - Med

Also, please be aware of driving limitations! I own a Mazda 6 and of which many of you know is basically a ford's engine....the manual states if you do regular stop/start journeys to change your oil & oil filter every 6,250 or less............. Define regular? lol!

Hi and thanks. My engine is not an HDI and to my knowledge there are no HDI Focus mk2

Thanks.......I will have a look although I was under the impression the DPF was to be replaced not that any fluid needs to be put anywhere.

The car has done 72000 and I dont know whether it was done on any previous services although it was serviced by Ford dealer in its first 3 services.

Ford Focus TDCI 55 Plate 1.6 (110) zetec - DPF or not DPF - elekie&a/c doctor
HDi/Tdci are the same.All focus models from around 2002 have common fail diesel engines.I would establish whether the car has a fluid tank at the rear before worrying about dpf replacement.You could be lucky and not have one fitted.hth

one can only wish lol. I will be checking tomorrow. Will come back to inform. many thanks

It does indeed have a tank behind the rear beam (black in colour and metal). Have been quoted £31 a litre for the fluid and £50 plus vat for labour. Assuming theres a tank I must have a filter unfortunately.

Ford Focus TDCI 55 Plate 1.6 (110) zetec - DPF or not DPF - Ian D

I think you have answered your question about whether your car has a DPF but for information you can tell by looking at the id plate inside the drivers door shut...

If you look 8 fields down on the left (i.e. bottom left of the plate) there will be one letter or number:

7 means your car is a 90bhp car(as 90 bhp it will be without DPF)

V means your car is 110 bhp with DPF

S means your car is 110 bhp without a DPF

Edited by Ian D on 15/03/2011 at 21:55

Cheers Ian. Very helpful. Thank You