Skoda Yeti - Yeti or Sportage/IX35? - john96

Hi all,

Looking at the 1.7 diesel Korean in 2 or Style spec, or the 2.0 2WD yeti in SE spec. I like them both TBH, but as I intend to keep whatever I get for a while, is it worth the longer warranty on the Koreans?

Minus point is the long waiting list for yeti diesel, against the good point of it being cheaper than both koreans!

Skoda Yeti - Yeti or Sportage/IX35? - rayleck

Whats the lead time for a Yeti now a days, 6 months or more ?.

I would go for the Skoda myself but the waiting times are very bad.The second hand stock are way over priced as well.

Skoda Yeti - Yeti or Sportage/IX35? - barkeyo

Lead time on Diesel Yeti - 6 months vs 8weeks on 1.7 Diesel iX35/Sportage

Kit list better on iX35/Sportage (they really do load them up)

Koreans better looking cars IMHO (Yeti design flair of a brick)

Interior materials on Yeti better (VW quality!), but fit and finish on both is superb

Quoted MPG, you'll get closer on Yeti than iX35/Sportage but both are pretty good

Warranty - iX35, 5 years unlimited; Sportage, 7 years 100K; Yeti, 3 years 60k

So if you are high mileage I'd go for iX35 over the Sportage and Yeti as the warranty will cover you for the full 5 years, plus it looks a whole heap better than the Yeti and you can get it quicker. If you were thinking of the 2L Korean variants, then I'd absolutely take the Yeti!!

Deffo the 2WD!! Private user, reckon 8-10k yearly. Yes upto 6 months for the yeti diesel, but can be quicker if not lots of options!

Skoda Yeti - Yeti or Sportage/IX35? - oldtoffee

Why diesel for so few miles? You'll have DPF issues with either car unless you only do one or two journeys a week and long runs. Yeti 1.2 TSI DSG 2WD would do the job better - in my humble opinion.

Skoda Yeti - Yeti or Sportage/IX35? - daveyjp

Agree with oldtoffee - if you aren't doing the sort of trips modern diesels are made for - lots of miles every day - I'd avoid anything with a DPF.

I've just changed from a DPF diesel to a normally aspirated petrol. My mileage hasn't changed much, but my journeys have gone from motorway munching to spending time in urban traffic and it was killing the diesel car.

Flexible servicing intervals were reducing (down to 6,000 miles), the EGR valve had been replaced once due to it being sooted up, the journeys weren't doing the turbo any good, the engine wasn't getting warmed through and DPF regeneration was happening at more regular intervals.

Unless there are compelling reasons to choose a diesel think again.

Skoda Yeti - Yeti or Sportage/IX35? - Buster Cambelt

I have exactly that same model Yeti you mention and find it a huge disappointment in terms of quality, driving dynamics and rank poor dealer service. Why it gets lauded so much is beyond me but over on the fan site it seems Yetis are pre-fitted with halos and can do no wrong.

Given the same choice today the IX35 would win hands down. I borrowed a 1.7d the other day while the Yeti was having more things fixed and it was a revelation.

If you do try a petrol Yeti make sure that the odd engine noise doesn't trouble you.

Bear in mind that a significant factor behind Skoda's waiting lists is that they gave up about 30% of RHD production to LHD markets where sales and margins are better.

Ive got a 20 mile each way drive, mostly dual carrageway, to work which would justify ( Ithink) getting a diesel. TBH I did like the inside of the ix35 I test drive, although it was premium spec, with navi. Yeti was SE which, although it has everything I wanted, is bit unfair to compare.