1997 Nissan Micra K11 - Advice Please - textilelab

I purchased this little 1 litre Micraas an economical little runabout late last year. It has 47,000 miles from new which is verified by old MOTs.

Since the day I got it, I have found that if the clutch pedal is depressed to the floor, it is impossible to obtain any gear. The only way of changing gear is to ve the clutch pedal halfway off the floor and this is often difficult to get exactly right.

When the clutch pedal is exactly right, then the gear change iss very smooth.

I had the car fully serviced by a garage and they noted the problem but did not even advise as to the cause solution.

Any advice please?

1997 Nissan Micra K11 - Advice Please - injection doc

it sounds most likley that it is a clutch fault. i suspect it had a replacement clutch fitted and it was a non japanese part. These cars do take well to non jap parts and i have known the diaphram spring to make contact with the centre plate when the pedal is pressed too far, ( its called over throw ) when the diaphram spring makes contact with the centre plate it prevents the clutch from disengaging. I trust the cluch adjustment is correct ? if its too tight to start with then the clutch may over throw anyway.

ID

1997 Nissan Micra K11 - Advice Please - injection doc

it sounds most likley that it is a clutch fault. i suspect it had a replacement clutch fitted and it was a non japanese part. These cars do take well to non jap parts and i have known the diaphram spring to make contact with the centre plate when the pedal is pressed too far, ( its called over throw ) when the diaphram spring makes contact with the centre plate it prevents the clutch from disengaging. I trust the cluch adjustment is correct ? if its too tight to start with then the clutch may over throw anyway.

ID