Mercedes-Benz - No service book - David Villa

I am looking at an MB SLK at a dealershjp but they have lost the service book.

Should I be concerned? Can I confirm the sevice history from MB over the phone? Can I get a replacement?

It is a 58 plate so has a few months left on the manufacturer's warranty. It is at a non-MB franchised dealer who are offering a year's warranty. The sales manager rang a MB dealership within the same group and got their service dept to confirm the service history to me on the phone- it is very low mileage. It otherwise looks straight and is accurately priced.

It is just that I have read horror stories about people being promised "missing" service books which have failed to materialize.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mercedes-Benz - No service book - daveyjp
MB no longer do service books. All service data is held on their database. Receipts are better than service books- look on eBay you can buy completed service books for any vehicle you want!

Thanks for the info.

Could I access that info over the phone with the original supplying dealer(several hundreds of miles away)?

Mercedes-Benz - No service book - Pat L

I did just that a few years ago with, as it happens, a Mercedes. I had the service record but I phoned the supplying dealer to verify it. I was put through to the dealer principal (or at least someone high up) and had the mileage and services confrimed. The chap I spoke to knew the car, and I can remember him telling me I won't find a better example. And it turned out to be a great car!

Just phone - what have you got to lose?

Mercedes-Benz - No service book - pd

If you phone MB customer services (number on their website somwhere) they will send you a print out of all the services on records. They might not do that until the car is actually yours though.

Thanks for the replies so far.

I think I'll give the supplying dealer a call tomorrow.