Vauxhall Zafira - Size is Important - Mattster

The parents have just sold their Astra as being surplus to requirements and are now wishing to replace their Zafira with something more suitable. N.B. They're not tied to Vauxhalls - that was more of a coincidence than anything.

It needs to be smaller, less bus-like than the Zafira, but bigger than the Astra - in particular able to take a grandchild seat and still be able to comfortably seat two others in the back (like the Zafira did). They recently tried a Primera but found that too big.

Is there such a car / class of car?

Vauxhall Zafira - Size is Important - daveyjp

Budget?

Vauxhall Zafira - Size is Important - RT

Not easy to get between Astra and Zafira - since Zafira is essentially a 3-row Astra.

Sounds like you need a wider back seat than the Astra, like the Vectra-C or Insignia.

Vauxhall Zafira - Size is Important - Victorbox

The new shape Meriva??? http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/vauxhall/meriva-2010/

Edited by Victorbox on 06/03/2011 at 08:29

Vauxhall Zafira - Size is Important - Mattster

Budget is up to about £10k. Any non-Vauxhall suggestions also welcome - what about something like an Octavia... or a Roomster?
Vauxhall Zafira - Size is Important - ForumNeedsModerating

I almost bought a Roomster (..the odd looks proved no deterrent!) - the spec, solidity & practicality won me over. They're also a small 'footprint' for their size/ interior capacity - don't know about reliability, but a previous Skoda Superb I had was exemplary.

Vauxhall Zafira - Size is Important - daveyjp

Skoda Roomster, Citroen Berlingo, Peugeot Partner, C3 Picasso all come under "short but lots of volume" category.