VW Golf 2.0 TDI 2007 - Putting petrol into diesel car - woodrider

Mistakenly put 25 litres petrol into already half full tank of diesel. Started and ran car for 8 to 15 seconds then switched off when realised mistake. Green Flag drained tank & refilled with fresh diesel. Car stared ok and ran smoothly without misfire or displaying any engine management lights. Car now starts cold ok and runs fine but when hot starting it requires cranking over for about 10 - 15 seconds before it will fire. Not sure what damage I may have done, can anyone help?

VW Golf 2.0 TDI 2007 - Putting petrol into diesel car - injection doc
i would change fuel filter and wait till you have refilled diesel tank for a second time to ensure any petrol is flush through.
I would add some commer "diesel injector majic" from halfords in tall red bottle. This has a very good lubricant in it.
VW Golf 2.0 TDI 2007 - Putting petrol into diesel car - woodrider

Thanks to all for your replies. The tank was drained yesterday and the car was run for 140 miles without a problem. I will try changing the filter and using some of the additive that you suggested and report back. Thanks again.

VW Golf 2.0 TDI 2007 - Putting petrol into diesel car - craig-pd130

I **THINK** the 2.0 TDI still had the PD injector-based fuel system, which is pretty much immune to misfuelling damage (there's no high-pressure fuel pump).

Sounds like it could be a fuel filter problem, or maybe a small airlock in the lift pump in the tank. How long ago was the tank drained?

VW Golf 2.0 TDI 2007 - Putting petrol into diesel car - Peter D

How did Green Flag drain the tank ?? Each PD injector is a pump in it's own right put I doubt it is an injector problem. Regards Peter