XANTIA HDI 2.0 DIESEL W REG - Warning Light In Temp Gauge + Stop Light - modus174

hi, can anybody help me please, i have a 2000 reg xantia 2.0hdi (aircon). Over the last couple of days the red light in the temp gauge keeps flashing along with the red "STOP" light.After about a minute the flashing stops. the cooling fans also seem to be on constantly when engine running,even with the weather being quite cool The car is not overheating,i have recently changed the coolant and all levels are correct.After trawling the net on this subject i understand its more than likely a bad connection between the brown sensor in the themostat housing & the bitron controll unit (controlls the cooling fans & warning lamps)? please help if possible ... i'm baffled
regards,

XANTIA HDI 2.0 DIESEL W REG - Warning Light In Temp Gauge + Stop Light - Peter.N.

You have a temperature sensor fault, I have had the same problem with several XM's, having established that it isn't overheating (presumably it has a temperature gauge) I ignore it. It could possibly be the bitron unit but check for bad connections on the sensor plug first, pull the plug out, and scrape the pins and apply a little grease.

XANTIA HDI 2.0 DIESEL W REG - Warning Light In Temp Gauge + Stop Light - modus174

many thanks,i will get myself some contact cleaner and give it a go over the w/end.

XANTIA HDI 2.0 DIESEL W REG - Warning Light In Temp Gauge + Stop Light - elekie&a/c doctor

Models with a/con have a 2 stage radiator cooling fan system.I suspect you have lost the first stage of the circuit and so the engine is being cooled only on the fast 2nd stage system.This is usually caused by a failed cooling fan speed resistor that is located in the fan housing.hth

Warning Light In Temp Gauge + Stop Light - rolyh

Hi,

Does anybody know where the Bitron densor is on a Xantia V6?

Rolyh