merc sprinter - my car freind no insurance - jace

i have traders policy and the sprinter was not yet on mid,my freind moved it off his drive to get his land rover out police swooped on him for no ins on van(have proved it was) but they rang his ins to ask if hed declared all his points,he hadnt,cover revoked,they are now tryng to do me for allowing him to use my van with no ins (3rd party by way of his ins and my ins) because his cover was revoked maybe a month later after theyd done there checks etc.

my argument is

1. my van was ins new ins company slow on updating mid

2. at time of moving van he had valid ins on the landy

3. even if id have rang his broker they would have confirmed he had ins at that time

i just dont see what else i could have done,yet they were hoppin mad when i went not guilty sayin i must be guilty because freind has gone guilty! am i just gonna be shafted here lol

merc sprinter - my car freind no insurance - slimshady

The cover to drive other cars on a private car policy normally is limited to private cars and thus a van would not be covered by your friends policy

merc sprinter - my car freind no insurance - gfewster

What on earth have your or your friend done to attract the attention of the police to such a degree that they bother to camp outside your house and swoop on someone who's re-arranging cars on the off chance of being able to do them for an insurance offence????!!!

There must be more to this. What's the background?

merc sprinter - my car freind no insurance - Dwight Van Driver

If you say you had Insurance (but couldn't produce documentation) then contact your Insurance Companies and ask them under the circumstances would they be prepared to give you a letter stating that they considerede themselves to be 'at risk' at the rlelevant time. If so plead Not Guilty to any summons andproduce letter at Court.

dvd

merc sprinter - my car freind no insurance - Peter D

The issue here is the friends undeclared points had not been reported to his insurance company. You indicate that he was insured under your traders policy. There are different levels of traders insurance, some insure all employees on any vehicle associated with the trade, others insure any vehicle in a trade to be driven by any person. What do you have. Regards Peter