Ford Mondeo Zetec 2008 - Mondeo left sidelight failure - garyrgn

The nearside front and rear side lights have stopped working. The bulbs are all okay and I can find no reference to a single fuse that serves these lights.

Can anybody help?

Ford Mondeo Zetec 2008 - Mondeo left sidelight failure - elekie&a/c doctor

There are no specific fuses for the sidelights on this model .They are controlled electronically from the central junction/fusebox in the cabin.It may be there is a short on the system and the overload protection to this circuit has shut down the power to it.hth

Thank you. I have identified the potential cause of the problem. A brake light bulb was replaced recently with the wrong type. A single filament bulb was used instead of the dual filament combined brake/side light. I have replaced with the correct type, but the fault remains - neither side light works.

Is there something else I need to do to reset the control unit, or should this happen automatically (implying there is a further fault somewhere)?

Ford Mondeo Zetec 2008 - Mondeo left sidelight failure - elekie&a/c doctor

Try locking car up and leave for 10 mins.Re-enter car turn ignition on and re-test lights.Hopefully this will clear the fault.If this fails,then you may need to disconnect battery for 5 mins.hth

Leaving the car for ten minutes did not work, but disconnecting the battery did. All lights are now working (I made sure I had the radio code before I disconnected the battery).

Thanks for the advice. Worth pointing out all of this was caused by Halfords! They have the wrong information on their lighting chart for 2007 - on Mondeos. They say that the recent Mondeos only have a single filament brake light bulb (code 382), and the earlier Mondeos are shown as having a dual filament bulb (380). You need a dual filament bulb for a 2009 Mondeo!

Ford Mondeo Zetec 2008 - Mondeo left sidelight failure - bathtub tom

You'd think it'd be obvious to look at the bulb you're removing and compare it with the replacement.

They got it wrong many years ago with BMC 'B' series oil filters. I think that cost them a good few replacement engines.

I try to avoid them since a set of disc pads they flogged me faded to nothing coming down a Welsh hillside. I certainly never buy safety related items there.

Ford Mondeo Zetec 2008 - Mondeo left sidelight failure - Signaller1

I have just had the same problem, was given a single filament brake light from a parts shop while on holiday, brake light was replaced but I lost rear off side tail light and front offside sidelight.

I replaced the brake light with the correct bulb today, tail and sidelight didnt work at first but by the time I got home 10 minutes later all were working correctly,

Thanks for the advice, very useful

Ford Mondeo Zetec 2008 - Mondeo left sidelight failure - jc2

All my side/tail have offset pins-does this no longer apply?

Ford Mondeo Zetec 2008 - Mondeo left sidelight failure - jc2

For side/tail please read STOP/TAIL!

Ford Mondeo Zetec 2008 - Mondeo left sidelight failure - gordonbennet

This thread proves one thing, you can't beat taking the old part in to compare it with the replacement, even something as simple as a bulb.

Parts places and computers, do not trust what the 'puter says.