Hello! - Big_Guy

Hi. I have been an avid follower of the Back Room through the HJ app on my Iphone. I have found that your knowledge has enhanced my interest in cars, and thought I would join. I hope to share my own knowledge and views to you all. I currently drive a tatty old Yaris GS, most reliable car ive ever owned. Ive also owned some lemons!!! Thank you.

Hello! - John F

Hello! I agree it's a good forum for a chat/entertainment but don't get your hopes up too high about its 'knowledge'! Some, eg 659 and some letters I can't remember are probably truly knowledgeable, but much of it is mere opinion from posters many of whom, judging from some of the content, do not even have an A level in physics to their name let alone an NVQ in how to remove a recalcitrant brake drum!

Hello! - s.v.u.

Hello! I agree it's a good forum for a chat/entertainment but don't get your hopes up too high about its 'knowledge'! Some, eg 659 and some letters I can't remember are probably truly knowledgeable, but much of it is mere opinion from posters many of whom, judging from some of the content, do not even have an A level in physics to their name let alone an NVQ in how to remove a recalcitrant brake drum!

Surely you jest ? I thought that EVERYONE had at least an A level in physics !!

Hello! - bobmorton
Agree with you.

Edited by bobmorton on 20/02/2011 at 08:21

Hello! - Dutchie

What do you expect on a forum.All experts with degrees in engeering physics etc? Opinions are divers that makes a forum interesting we don't need essays about how clever anybody is.Keep a sense of humor.

Hello! - Pat L

Welcome, it's a great place to discuss motoring issues. And yes, there's a lot of expertise that be brought to bear, not from me though!

Hello! - Dutchie

You have a opinion Pat thats what matters.

Hello! - Pat L

Cheers, Dutchie!

Hello! - Big_Guy

I didn't wish to cause a furore. I'd like to think I could distinguish between great knowledgeable advice, and advice/opinions based on misguided or biased views/experience. I take everything with a pinch of salt.

Hello! - bobmorton

Thanks again for the information.

Edited by Avant on 28/02/2011 at 21:10