bmw 318 d m sport - nearly new 318d what mileage to expect - hi135

hi

after my trawls ,shorlisted bmw 318 d 2010 plate done 4k

i have been offered manual or automatic at same price to change

i do about 18k a year ,will auto box cost me much more

is there any calculator or help from experience of other drivers

bmw 318 d m sport - nearly new 318d what mileage to expect - Boulder2k9

Hi

The BMW 318d should do roughly the same mpg as the manual for most driving My brother has a automatic 320d touring and says he rarely gets less than 40mpg. Admittedly he does do many motorway miles. I reckon fuel economy wont differ hugely as they are generally very efficient cars.

Also when you come to sell it on the auto car will be worth more than a manual equivalent so if it isn't costing you any extra to have the automatic it might be a wise idea to take it.

Good Luck mate

bmw 318 d m sport - nearly new 318d what mileage to expect - ForumNeedsModerating

Instead of getting anecdotes & opinions here, why don't you check the advertised consumption figures (either on here or dozens of other websites) for the cars & compare against your current 'performance' against advertised consumption in your current car - i.e. if you get 30% below in your current car with type of journey/driving style, you'll most likely get a similar percentage in your new car - much more logical.

thanks all

i was asking because i am not driving an auto at present and on the test drive the trip gave us about 35mpg with 318 d auto

bmw 318 d m sport - nearly new 318d what mileage to expect - injection doc

I have to say with an auto the fuel consumption will varey considerably depending on the driver. If you understand Diesels and auto boxes fuel will be much improved. An Automatic car really compliments an auto as the tourque is spot on for an auto but some people drive an auto too hard and the fuel consumption will suffer more than a manual

bmw 318 d m sport - nearly new 318d what mileage to expect - volcane

I have a 330d msport touring auto and drive it like I stole it and get average 40 mpg consistently. If I go on a long journey and drive sensibly I can get 47.

Hi

The BMW 318d should do roughly the same mpg as the manual for most driving My brother has a automatic 320d touring and says he rarely gets less than 40mpg. Admittedly he does do many motorway miles. I reckon fuel economy wont differ hugely as they are generally very efficient cars.

Also when you come to sell it on the auto car will be worth more than a manual equivalent so if it isn't costing you any extra to have the automatic it might be a wise idea to take it.

Good Luck mate

thanks

only worry is extra fuel costs over 3 years,i average 18 k a year

bmw 318 d m sport - nearly new 318d what mileage to expect - Boulder2k9

Yes I see your point, maybe test drive the auto vs the manual and see which you prefer. Talking to my brother he says north of 50mpg on the 320d auto is possible on the motorways.

Also doing 18k a year the auto might just be easier to own. And as I said earlier if you are not paying extra for the auto box then it might be worth having come resale time..

Just a thought!

thanks for all suggestions

drove auto again barely gave me 36 mpg so opted for manual which on the same test drive was offering 45mpg+

also the deal got better for manual with 2 services thrown in