2009 MKIV 2.0 TDCi Manual Mondeo - Oil and Diesel Filter Location - Monsieur Kev

Just about to service the Mondy for the first time and have got a service kit.

Is the oil filter underneath near the sump? It is a cartridge type. Also I have read that the car can be hard to start if the diesel filter is not primed properly.

I might upgrade the headlight bulbs too at the same time. Any recommendations for much better bulb as on dipped headlights, the vision and throw of the current lights are poor

Many thanks.

2009 MKIV 2.0 TDCi Manual Mondeo - Oil and Diesel Filter Location - Peter D

I suggest you do some reading up or you will have trouble starting the car after the filter change.

http://www.talkford.com/topic/103499-fuel-filter/

Regards Peter

2009 MKIV 2.0 TDCi Manual Mondeo - Oil and Diesel Filter Location - ex-Triumph man

Not always a wise move to do DIY servicing on a car still under manufacturer's warranty. Thoughts you might like to consider:

1 Stamping of service book? Always an excuse for a dealer to devalue the car at trade-in time.

2 What happens if you approach Ford for a good will post warranty claim? They will automatically boot it out.

3 Your car will not benefit from any work required by manufacturer's service bulletins.

Don't mean to be a spoilsport but have seen such situations arise day/day out in the past.

2009 MKIV 2.0 TDCi Manual Mondeo - Oil and Diesel Filter Location - Monsieur Kev

Well, the garage did not change the air filter at the last service and it is filthy. 60,000 kms is too long. If you get the garage to change it, the diesel filter costs a fortune on a MK4, likewise the pollen filter where on LHD cars you have to remove the accelerator pedal to locate it. Here in France, you get charged for each individual job in a service, rather than it being a package price

I am doing an intermediate service, as an extra. It will be serviced by the dealer again before the warranty runs out.