Driveway in front of zig zag lines - EmmaKent

I'm buying a house on a main road. There are traffic lights about 30 yards away and the white zigzag lines run along in front of this house.

Obviously i will need a dropped kerb before getting permission for a drive way. BUT do you think the local highway agency will give me permission for a dropped kerb seeing as there are zig zag lines in front of the property?

Just another 500 yards down this main road there is a house that has a drive way which is right next to a set of traffic lights and the zig zags are in front of their house.

If they didn't give me permission...could i use this house as an example??

Driveway in front of zig zag lines - Vitesse6

I would go and have a chat with your local planning department. In all my dealings with ours I have found that if you make an approach before you want to do anything you will get good helpful advice.

Driveway in front of zig zag lines - richardbettabus

Hi Emma,

If you encounter any objection, it could be worth your while to reassure the authorities that you will not be actually stopping on the roadway where the zigzags are located. We have a dropped curb that goes straight into thick bus stop markings. It is a bit awkward if we want to stop directly outside the house as we cannot stop on the roadway, so we must drive right in, but other than that, having both does not seem to be a problem for anyone other than the bus drivers who have to wait a moment as we pull into or out of the driveway!

Good luck

Richard

Edited by BorisTheSpider on 02/03/2011 at 11:32

Driveway in front of zig zag lines - jamie745

Tell them if they dont allow it then you'll park on the road in everybodies way. If they do allow it you wont be in everybodies way. End of.

LOL!