Audi A6 - Gearbox ECU - hoylake

I had my Audi A6 serviced at a main dealership. At the same time they did a gearbox oil change for me. They returned the car to me and said all the work had been done OK. That evening as I went to drive the car for the first time, the gear selection indicator was flashing solid. I remembered that this was what happened when my gearbox had to be replaced 2 years 3 months earlier. I am now told by the dealership that the gearbox ECU is faulty and needs replacing. It seems to me that the dealership damaged the ECU when they did the gearbox oil change. I have no idea how I can prove if this is the case or not. Any advice please.

Audi A6 - Gearbox ECU - Peter D

Did they take the car away and run diagnostics or did they just tell on the phone. How would they have known unless the light came on when they had it. Regards Peter

Edited by Peter D on 10/02/2011 at 11:44

They have had the car back and now say it needs a new ECU. They are saying it is just co-incidence that the problem occurred on the day they did the gearbox oil change

Audi A6 - Gearbox ECU - Peter D

So the fault occured when they had the car and yet returned it to you with a clean bill of health. Are they sure they have not disturbed the connectors or cable harness. It is very easy to say it needs a new ECU particulary when it is at your expense, if it does actually require a new ECU then negotiate a good will gsture towards the cost. They are not cheap. Regards Peter

I don't know how to find out if they disturbed the connectors or cable harnesses. So far I've been offered a goodwill gesture, but I don't think I should be paying anything as there didn't appear to be anything wrong with the ECU when the car went into them