2002 Daewoo Matiz - trouble with distributor - Bendigo

We have a consistent Problem with our2002 Matiz we are trying to find what could be causing the problem.
Approximately every 3,000 km the distributor CAP BURNS OUT INSIDE 0R RIGHT THROUGH THE CAP
The first time it burnt a complete hole in the side of the distributor cap and an off white chalk substance was covering all the inside.
The second time it burnt the contacts and the center brush, with chalky coating etc again.
THE THIRD TIME AS OF NOW THE 9TH FEBRUARY 2011 SAME THING AGAIN we are desperate as to know what is causing this as it has our auto electrician who has all the data etc absolutely stumped.
Has any body else had this problem?
2002 Daewoo Matiz - trouble with distributor - madf

Try this forum:

http://www.daewooclub.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=5

(I suspect coil pack failure - fairly common)

Edited by madf on 09/02/2011 at 12:47

2002 Daewoo Matiz - trouble with distributor - jc2

Distributor AND coilpack??????

2002 Daewoo Matiz - trouble with distributor - madf

Distributor AND coilpack??????

Yes.

2002 Daewoo Matiz - trouble with distributor - injection doc
you need to check the contact in the centre of cap is contacting rotar arm. It sounds like iether the wrong arm or its bent and is making the spark jump from the centre of the distributor, burning out the cap. I would fit a new cap and put a tiny dob of marker on the centre contact & fit the cap then remove and see if the marker has left its mark on the arm ! i suspect thats where the trouble lies