vauxhall corsa comfort 1ltr.01 plate - positions of lambda sensors - joewright

having been told this car has only one sensor, and found one, just after what looks like a flexible pipe that connects the manifold to the exhaust .then tried to get a price i am now told their are two i am looking to see if their is one in the manifold area as written in the owners manual

vauxhall corsa comfort 1ltr.01 plate - positions of lambda sensors - Peter D

What leads you to believe one is faulty. There may be one in the downpipe prior to the CAT and one after the CAT. Tell us more. Regards Peter

vauxhall corsa comfort 1ltr.01 plate - positions of lambda sensors - elekie&a/c doctor

There are 2 lambda sensors fitted to this car.The one you can see directly on top of the exhaust is the #1 upstream.The #2 downstream sensor is in the exhaust system under the car .You may not be able to see it from the top.hth

thanks for the infomation i at least now know where to look

the exhaust emission indicator light on the dash is on all the time, and now and again the car cuts out when stopping at traffic lights. and when driving at 40-50 (normal driving speed) the engine completly cuts out for a couple of seconds9 although this is my grandaughters car i have test driven it and experienced the same symptons.)

vauxhall corsa comfort 1ltr.01 plate - positions of lambda sensors - elekie&a/c doctor
sounds more like a crank position sensor fault.A very common problem on these.Part is cheap,around £35.hth

thanks for this new information cheers

found the second lambda sensor its the pre. CAT front top of engine is it poss. to make an educated guess!!! and say which of the two its more likely to be? also what is the way they can be tested (thanks for your help)

vauxhall corsa comfort 1ltr.01 plate - positions of lambda sensors - jc2

If it's cutting out,neither.

thanks for your answer, is it poss.for you to give me more information as to why you dont think its the lambda sensors .what could bring the exhaust emission light on the dash if it was not the sensors , would you agree with a previous answer / crank position sensor , thanks for taking time to reply

vauxhall corsa comfort 1ltr.01 plate - positions of lambda sensors - Peter D

If an O2 sensor fails it goes into open loop and the engine will not run at it's optimum but it will continue to run and rarely if at all would it cut out. However a CPS with marginal output can causes the engine to miss repeatedly thus causing an emissions issue due to over/under fuelling. It can all cause the car to stall at lower revs and on occasions just cut out. As you have been informed this is a common problem. Have you had the error codes read. Regards Peter

vauxhall corsa comfort 1ltr.01 plate - positions of lambda sensors - jc2

Peter beat me to it; the rear sensor does nothing to the fuelling-it just checks the signal from the front one to check the caralyst efficiency.The warning light can be triggered by a large number of conditions,not just O2 sensors.

no i was told that the warning light was on/ the car misfired /and cut on low revs.having spent almost all of the last two days on line (all of yesterday looking for sensors) today ive been on this site . having the error codes read is new too me!! the only thing i can say for certain is the exhaust emission warning is on the dash thanks for your help

while'st trying to find out more about code reading i came across ALL CORSA .co.uk where you are instructed how to do pressing the pedals turning on the ignition method to get the readings if they are there what is your thoughts on this method thanks for your help

vauxhall corsa comfort 1ltr.01 plate - positions of lambda sensors - boldy_mort

hi, did you ever find the solution as i am struggling with the same problem, rob

vauxhall corsa comfort 1ltr.01 plate - positions of lambda sensors - 1litregolfeater

How can you still be struggling after reading this thread?

vauxhall corsa comfort 1ltr.01 plate - positions of lambda sensors - Railroad.
This type of topic has been done to death on this forum. One more time though. The ECM is a computer, a dumb machine that does exactly what it's told. It cannot think, apply common sense or reason. It does exactly what it's prgrammed to do. It receives information from the O2 sensors in the form of a voltage, just like it does from every other sensor. The ECM cannot tell if the information received is accurate or not. It just acts on what it receives. It cannot tell the difference between a low voltage received due a faulty sensor or a low voltage received because of some other mechanical problem which is affecting combustion efficiency. It just sees a low voltage. If you can understand this then you will go a long way to understanding how and why the ECM logs fault codes. To begin to accurately diagnose faults you have to think like the way a computer works.