Car for short person - shortdriver

I am thinking about buying my first car, and need a car that I feel in control of, safe and can comfortably drive being a 4ft 11. The car that I am learning to drive in is a ford fusion 2 and I don't think is a comfortable 'fit'. Any advice appreciated.

Car for short person - ex-Triumph man

My cousin is about the same height as you if not maybe slightly shorter due to a curvature of the spine. She has been driving a Toyota Yaris now for years albeit with a soft cushion either under her bottom or in the small of her back.

Best thing would be to go round some showrooms and try some models explaining you need a test drive before committing yourself.

Car for short person - Big John

Try a Fiat Panda.

Cheap insurance, economical. 1.2 Petrol is the best engine.

Eleganza model is well appointed with climate control and seat height adjustment.

Edited by Big John on 22/01/2011 at 22:30

Car for short person - Hamsafar

Look at eastern designed cars, such as Korean Kias, Hyundais, Japanese cars etc... average heights are shorter in Eastern countries than Western countries.

Car for short person - retgwte

yes fiat panda

although i would say the diesel is best if you can afford it

Car for short person - 1066

my brothers partner is your height and her volvo s40 is ideal for her and she said that many smaller cars wouldnt fit properly.

you need to be able to move steering wheel for reach and rake aswell as the seat for height and forward.

Car for short person - turbo11

My wife,petite 5' 4" drove an 96 N reg Polo 1.4 for nine years without any problems. might be worth you sitting in a newer one with rake and reach adjustable steering column.

Car for short person - colino

Are you sure you are taking the time to try all the combinations of seat/steering adjustments? My wife is as statuesque and her car is a 5 series.

Car for short person - R2-CMax

I know somebody that height who is driving an Aygo/107/C1 with no problems. Economical and nippy runabout. Not so suitable for long-distance/motorway

Car for short person - aaron zimmerman

My grandfather gave me a 1978 German VolksWagon for my 18th birthday, and I must say that it is the only car I know that fits a short person. The mileage is superb and I still have it till now. My only problem is driving it for long hours because the machine is quite old and prone to over heating. =)

Aaron Zimmerman

Edited by BorisTheSpider on 26/01/2011 at 16:04