Toyota Avensis T3-S - Frost INSIDE windscreen - mgdAmmanford

In frosty conditions, excessive air inside my car causes the front windscreen to have as much frost on it INSIDE the car, as there is outside. Mist forms inside the car on all windows when it has been left standing for about twenty minutes. An experienced Toyota mechanic, who did a 60,000 miles service yesterday, 20 January, confirmed that there is no water inside the car, including the boot, and that the air-conditioning filter is clear and dry. As far as I know, none of the car windows have been replaced. Have you any idea as to what may be the cause of the problem, please?

Toyota Avensis T3-S - Frost INSIDE windscreen - Collos25

Do you have the heater set on recirculating.It cannot freeze on the screen without water so it either comes from the air or from something that is damp such as the pollen filter.

Thanks, Andy. It's not on air recirculation. The mechanic hasn't mentioned the pollen filter, so I'll ask him about that.
Regards
Mike
Toyota Avensis T3-S - Frost INSIDE windscreen - madf

An experienced Toyota mechanic, who did a 60,000 miles service yesterday, 20 January, confirmed that there is no water inside the car

So he lifted up all teh carpets and checked? (He can't - without a lot of effort)...

If no water in the car, no ice.

Check leaves in drain holes in bulkhead.

Thanks for your response. The mechanic lifted all floor coverings throughout the car and found no water in the car. The only water is the condensation on the inside windscreen which frosts or freezes depending on how cold the outside temperature is. I don't know about the drain holes, so I'll ask.
Regards
Mike