1999 VW Polo 1.9D (mk4) - cold spot/smoke - wilburylover

When I first bought my Polo it vibrated quite alot on tick over and got noisier,and so decide to give it an overhall.Firstly I changed the diesel filter/air filter and oil and oil filter replaced the timing belt and tensioner aux belt and hydraulic valve lifters when doing this amongst other things I had to remove the righthand engine mount under the car and noticed the nut and bolt connecting to the engine was undone and rattling then when I got to changing the cam belt I set the diesel pump sprocket at TDC and noticed the timing was out on the fltwheel mark anyway put everything back together,but for some reason the car has developed a coldspot when first starting and within the coldspot it chucks out loads off smoke,so somewhere along the long it has got to be something to do with the idle booster from cold or in that area but dont know how to set it up.The engine runs ok once its is warmed up and has curd the vibration.Can anyone explain to me how to set the injector pump idle booster or cold start up.