Fiat Doblo diesel - fuel prices - North Street
Have just received an email from a friend on the vexed subject of fuel prices. It suggests a way for buyers to bring effective pressure to bear on the sellers, rather than leaving them to control the market place. I am copying the whole email,and urge all consumers to support this initiative.
==============================

To: Wendy Ashcroft ; John and Helen Bardsley ; Sally Barker-Dodds ; Colin Bendel ; Guy and Jean Boney ; Pat & Peter Bunch ; Philip/Sue Conway ; Robert and Morella Cottam ; Sarah Duncan ; Neil & Sarah Duncan ; Susie Evetts ; Derek Pulford/Susie Evetts ; Linda Farbrother ; David/Venetia Fellowes ; Thomas/Sarah Floyd ; David Gaunt ; John/Shirley Gould ; Richard and Mindy Hawkins ; Kirsten Hopkins ; John/Anne Isherwood ; Jill and Neil Jenkinson ; Simon/Lynn Lamb ; Nicky Levitt ; Sally Milligan ; Lynne Nicholls ; Steve/Lynne Nicholls ; Grahame Nicholson ; Grahame/Charlotte Nicholson ; Richard/Rosemary Plincke ; Alex Price ; Holly Price ; Tegid and Jane Pugh ; Chris Quayle (and Ashcrofts) ; Sophie/Hugo Richardson ; Hugo/Sophie Richardson ; The Lady Rollo ; Jamie Rollo ; Sophie Rollo ; Linda/Mike Russell-Smith ; Roger Salvetti ; Bridget ; Geoff and Margie Smart ; Phyllida Stanley ; Hazel Still ; Geoffrey Still ; Carol Thelwell ; Susan (Welch) Thomas ; Mark Thomas ; Robin/Leila Tillett ; Olivia Tufnell ; Simon Tufnell ; Roger/Kathy Venne ; Peter/Annie Walker ; David and Meriel Walton ; Chris Whittall ; Rebecca Whitworth ; Michael Widen ; Sir Philip Williams ; Tina Foley

Sent: Monday, January 17, 2011 1:03 PM
Subject: Fw: Petrol Prices = remember this.

If we all join in on this.........

--- On Thu, 13/1/11, Sue Conway wrote:

Subject: Fw: Petrol Prices = remember this.
To: "Conway, Sue"
Date: Thursday, 13 January, 2011, 18:15

Subject: Fwd: Petrol Prices = remember this.
It may be worth a try

Dear All,
Here is an interesting idea to think about (and act upon?)...unless you've already received the same message independently!
Please see what you think and pass it on if you agree with it.

We are hitting £129.9 a litre in some areas now and soon we will be faced with paying £1.50 per litre. So Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign' that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS - not sellers control the market place. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one) i.e. ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If all of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)....and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on. By the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it.....

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all YOU have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all (and not buy at ESSO/BP). How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell,Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons, Jet etc. i.e. Boycott BP and Esso

Fiat Doblo diesel - fuel prices - AlleyCat`

I can see how the people that drill, pipeline and refine the fuel are going to be really upset that you've bought it from a.n.other forecourt that they supplied the fuel to anyway?

Since they own the end to end process i can't see how this would work. Sorry :-)

Another point in all this is that out of the cost of Fuel at say 131.9 a litre.

Fuel Duty is circa 60p, VAT is circa 22p (so 82p is Direct Taxation to the government).

Fuel itself is about 46p (with all the inherent costs of actually producing it)

Tanker Delivery cut is about 5p.

I suspect you are getting upset at the wrong people about why it costs so much.

Edited by AlleyCat` on 19/01/2011 at 11:30

Fiat Doblo diesel - fuel prices - ForumNeedsModerating

The originator of the email seems to think that oil companies and/or speculators are somehow managing to con us all into playing higher prices & that world supply/demand & national fuel duties are, somehow, illusory & inconsequential.

It would surprise me if anyone took that 'consumer strategy' seriously.

Fiat Doblo diesel - fuel prices - turbo11

Wouldn't be possible for us, as we only have one petrol station near us and thats an Esso. The only other one on my 18 mile journey to work is a BP !!. The next nearest to us, 8 miles away is also Esso.