Ford Mondeo - Mondeo 04 2.0 TDCi clutch problems? - l33bert

Hi

Recently when I press the clutch pedal in at standstill I can hear a high-pitched squealing noise. It's not very loud but you can hear it quite clearly, especially if I open the window. It tTends to be worse when the engine is cold, then by the time the engine warms up it gets quieter and sometimes I can't hear it at all.

The clutch feels fine otherwise, gears are easily changed, no noticable change in performance or MPG...would this sound like the clutch (or flywheel) is on the way out?

It's a Ford mondeo Mkiii 2.0 TDCi 130bhp, got about 79k on the clock. I've heard the Dual Mass Flywheel is lucky to last that long, so if it was on the way out, I'll look at replacing it with a solid flywheel kit as I intend to run this baby into the ground!

Any advice would be much appreciated

thanks!

Ford Mondeo - Mondeo 04 2.0 TDCi clutch problems? - Collos25

Probably the clutch release bearing a little dry they will normally go a long time before they actually pack in the downside is that to replace it requires almost as much work as replacing the clutch.If you do decide to replace the unit I suggest you fit a standard flywheel and clutch and dispose of the DMF.

Ford Mondeo - Mondeo 04 2.0 TDCi clutch problems? - l33bert

Thanks for the advice...and yeah, from what I've read on this site and the mondeo owners site, replacing with a standard flywheel sounds like the best option by far.

On the plus side, if there's a good chance of it being a while before it totally goes, that at least gives me time to sort out the cash!

Cheers