Mondeo central locking - Cicero
I have an intermittent problem on my 1999 Mondeo. Sometimes when locking the car, either with the remote or by using the key in the driver's door lock, the car locks and then immediately unlocks in rapid succession. Does anyone have any ideas about what is wrong and, more importantly, how to fix it?

Thanks.
Mondeo central locking - John S
Chris H

If it's anything like my old Fiesta (1990) it's a faulty actuator in one of the doors. On my car water ingress had corroded the contacts and made the relay slow to operate. As you describe, the car would lock, immediately unlock, and sometimes repeat this several times. New actuator cured it.

Regards

John S
Mondeo central locking - tosca
Chris, just spotted this site and wonder if you know the re-setting sequence for my mondeo. it is ok at present as ford changed battery's in key, but had to fiddle with ignition to set it all up again. i tried to see what he was doing but he was too quick for me.
Mondeo central locking - mikestewart
cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mondeo-remote-central-locking-secre...m
Mondeo central locking - Adam {P}
Is that the key that unlocks it or is it just for effect?

If the former, be careful. I'm *almost* sure that by 1999 all Fords had the 3 button RF key not the 2 button IR one as displayed there.

--
Adam
Oh - try the door catches themselves. Happened to me on my Focus.
--
Adam
Key to ignition II 4 times

You'll hear a BONG

Press a button

You'll hear another BONG

Start the engine.

That's to reprogram the buttons though not the key itself. I can dig around for how to do that for you.

Also, the above assumes you have the 3 button RF key.
--
Adam
Sorry - I should have read the entire thread before posting all these.

The above is in reply to Tosca.

(DD, if it's too cluttered, please merge all my posts into one. Cheers)
--
Adam
Mondeo central locking - kithmo
Try checking all the courtesy light switches, the central locking will not lock if a door is open, a short circuit on a door switch gives the impression that the door is open.
Mondeo central locking - jc
Fords have a doorlock switch in each lock which is nothing to do with and totally seperate from the courtesy light switches.
Mondeo central locking - Galaxy
Have a look at:

www.mirez.co.uk