Did the garage con me? - mrcookie

I took my car in for new brake pads and a brake fluid change to a garage (well known chain) - which shall remain nameless for the moment - in November. I went back a few hours later and paid for the work, assuming they had done their job correctly.

However, I went to my usual garage for a service one month later, who advised me that my brake fluid needed changing! I asked them to double check, which they did, and said the water reading went off the scale immediately.

As far as I can see, I was stiffed: my brake fuid was never changed in November. What do you guys think?

Did the garage con me? - Dutchie

Hello Cookie.

Hello Cooky,go back to the the garage who did the service on the brakes and have a word with the service manager.

Did the garage con me? - injection doc

1st thing to do is to back to the first Garage and ask for an explanation or a fluid change FOC

2nd depending on the make of car there are some that suffer with water leaking into the resovouir!

3rd Are you being "stiffed" now rather than a while ago. Dead easy to put a drop of water in the resovouir.

4th Brake fluid is hydroscopic to it absorbs moisture, now depending on how it was stored at the fast fit chain it may of been poor before use. It has a shelf life and the cans must be kept sealed at all times but many garages I have visited leave the tops of the brake fluid!

So go back to your fast fit now ! and politley tell tem what you have been advised & they ought to change it & may be offer a voucher as well !