Hefty penalty - sisyphus
The wife recently phoned the Police about a car that tears round our area at sixty or seventy on a regukar basis. [it's a 30mph zone]. They said his number plate didn't exist.

They came out today and caught him speeding on our street - the last she saw was his car being driven away by a copper and him being taken to answer questions at the local station.

The car was a lowered, well-looked after hatchback probably worth 4 - 5K. Quite a speeding fine for the p******, I think.

Discuss.
Hefty penalty - blowpipe
crazed?
Hefty penalty - crazed
yes thats really dangerous driving rather rather than "speeding"

the problem is people think of idiots like that when they ask for a clampdown on speeding, then plod come along and ticket people for driving safely at 35 in a 30

Hefty penalty - blowpipe
QED
Hefty penalty - sisyphus
I have *no* doubt that the bloke involved thought he was driving within his limits. He was probably telling the coppers he could concentrate better at 70mph than 30 as he was being taken away.

I hope (but don't expect) that they throw the book at him.
Hefty penalty - GJD
the problem is people think of idiots like that when they
ask for a clampdown on speeding, then plod come along and
ticket people for driving safely at 35 in a 30

At the risk of being moderated to another thread, the problem is that people think this idiot is wrong *because* he drove faster than the numbers painted on the road signs, as if taking down the 30 signs and putting up NSLs would make him OK.
Hefty penalty - sisyphus
>the problem is that people think this idiot is wrong *because* he drove faster than the numbers painted on the road signs.

Im obviously not "people". He is wrong because he was doing it in a residential area very near to a school where a safe speed at the times he used to do it (8am and 4pm) is around 20mph [ or less ].

Anyway, the point of the thread is that he's had his just desserts and probably lost his dodgy motor. If it wasnt registered it wasnt insured, so he deserved everything he got.
Hefty penalty - GJD
Don't disagree with anything you say sisyphus. I just hope he gets a proper dangerous driving conviction.
Hefty penalty - BB
It seems quite good the police actually came out to apprehend the little blighter. Credit where credit is due (No I'm not a plod either!)
Hefty penalty - BB
It seems quite good the police actually came out to apprehend the little blighter. Credit where credit is due (No I'm not a plod either!)
Hefty penalty - BB
So good, I said it twice!
Hefty penalty - volvoman
Have seen a guy racing up and down a nearby road several times today in an oldish TVR. This evening walking my son home from school, the moron came roaring up behind another car and - although it was impossible to overtake - proceeded to harass the other driver by loudly revving his engine and accelerating rapidly to within inches of the car. What is it about these people ? Are they brain dead ?