Overheard in the office this morning - Chris M

A young lady sitting near me was on the phone to her garage this morning booking her car in for a service. It has two other faults to be investigated. The first is the boot light is staying on when the lid is closed and the second, the windscreen washers aren't working. She told them she could hear the motor working, but no water is coming out. The car goes in on Wednesday.

Yes, she is blonde.

Overheard in the office this morning - Sofa Spud

Years ago I saw a front-wheel-drive BLMC 1100 with 'Town and Country' tyres fitted to the just the REAR wheels!

Overheard in the office this morning - Mil1194

I saw a photo yesterday of a 1series BMW with snow chains on the front......ONLY

Overheard in the office this morning - PatrickO

http://www.trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=65360

Bit of cross pollination but fitted the thread. The video only works in the top thread. The bottom thread has a cracking picture of a beemer with the snow chains on the front wheels. :)

http://www.trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=65372

You'll have to type in manually without the ;

Edited by PatrickO on 21/12/2010 at 15:39

Overheard in the office this morning - Sofa Spud

Here's a story at my own expense:

Years ago I had an elderly but smart Hillman Hunter GL, which was quite a pleasant car.

Under the dashboard was a simple metal switch. I played with this switch when the car was stationary but could never find what it was for.

Years after the car had been scrapped, I still had the handbook and while reading through it prior to selling it on Ebay, I discovered that if I'd played with the switch when the car was bowling along in 4th gear I would probably have found it operated the overdrive!

Overheard in the office this morning - tdc

Here's a story at my own expense:

Years ago I had an elderly but smart Hillman Hunter GL, which was quite a pleasant car.

Under the dashboard was a simple metal switch. I played with this switch when the car was stationary but could never find what it was for.

Years after the car had been scrapped, I still had the handbook and while reading through it prior to selling it on Ebay, I discovered that if I'd played with the switch when the car was bowling along in 4th gear I would probably have found it operated the overdrive!

Don`t worry it probably didn`t work anyway!What MPG did it return?

Just watched clip of the new Williams F1 driver in the office staring down at the stacks of buttons etc on his loose steering wheel.....do they do a course in Braille,how else do they know which one to press with their gloved hands at 200mph?When they simplify F1 soon maybe you could get a job with them!