Fiesta M Reg 1.3 Pushrod - CArb Problem - maltaman

Hi,

I have the above car with 55.000 on the clock.

I've had it for 2 years and until noe has been perfect.

Lateley it had developed a fault.

When the engine is warm.. I turn off ignition , it will not start again unless I wait about 15 mins...Then it starts ok and keeps going perfectly untill I turn off again.

It starts Instantly even after not using it for 3 weeks.

I have changed the Fuel Filter.

I took the air filter off to have a Peek..I could see ( on the Bulkhead side) of Carb or injector unit an outlet with an olive for a pipe to go on.

I put my finger on this pipe while engine is running as it has a vacume ( sucking air).......this does not affect engine running at all.

I have looked everywhere for a fallen pipe..cant see anywhere..All air filter pipes are connected.

Any clues on these Problems..perhaps they are connected.

I cant make out if it is a CArb or Fuel injection.

Greatfull for all help

Thanks.

Fiesta M Reg 1.3 Pushrod - CArb Problem - elekie&a/c doctor

This will be single point fuel injection.A basic system but it worked reasonably well for its time.I can't recall any vac pipes attached to the injection unit,but there is an important vac pipe that runs from the manifold up to the map sensor on the bulkhead.Make sure this feels solid and not soggy.This pipe can collapse internally and cause running and starting issues.This system does have limited diagnostic facility ,so maybe you can find someone with the correct hook-up lead to read the engine management system.I would think this car is too early to have the 16 pin Obd diag system.hth

Fiesta M Reg 1.3 Pushrod - CArb Problem - maltaman

This will be single point fuel injection.A basic system but it worked reasonably well for its time.I can't recall any vac pipes attached to the injection unit,but there is an important vac pipe that runs from the manifold up to the map sensor on the bulkhead.Make sure this feels solid and not soggy.This pipe can collapse internally and cause running and starting issues.This system does have limited diagnostic facility ,so maybe you can find someone with the correct hook-up lead to read the engine management system.I would think this car is too early to have the 16 pin Obd diag system.hth

Thanks for the above info.

I have found the Map Pipe it is in place on manifold and undisturbed.

I still ant find out what pipe is connected to the missing suction inlet on Injecter unit there seems to be 3 inlets at rear of carb...Does anyone know which goes where ?