automatic license,can we drive mmt/itronic cars - hi135

my spouse has license for automatic cars

having a class a140 merc 's gear box pack up at 41k,need another automatic car

saw toyota auris but wasnt sure whether the multimode gear box is classed as automatic

also want some suggestions regarding suitable car which has a high seating position like a class,4/5 doors and reasonable boot capacity automatic car

thanks in advance

automatic license,can we drive mmt/itronic cars - Collos25

Interesting question I do not have the answer but I have a BMW 5 automatic but it also has tiptronic which is a form of manual as do most autos these days.

automatic license,can we drive mmt/itronic cars - tanvir

I think as long as there is no clutch pedal you can drive it

automatic license,can we drive mmt/itronic cars - AnotherWaiting

Yes I believe thats correct, the clutch *pedal* itself and not any other reference to any other type of 'technical' clutch or modern dual mode system is the key.

automatic license,can we drive mmt/itronic cars - hi135

thanks all

also any suggestion to alternative car to an A class merc,automatic

Automatic licence: can we drive mmt/itronic cars - Avant

Yes - as said above, the absence of the clutch pedal is the crucial issue.

If I were you I'd avoid the semi-automatic gearboxes as on the Vauxhall Corsa, Toyota Yaris and newer Honda Jazz (this week Honda have sais that they're at last going back to a proper automatic). The DSG on VWs., Skodas etc is fine, and I suggest you look at a Skoda Fabia or VW Polo /Golf.

Also the Ford Fiesta which has a conventional automatic which is reliable but blunts performance a little.

Automatic licence: can we drive mmt/itronic cars - hi135

thanks

my wife is looking for a car with higher driving position as well,thats why a class suited well but very disappointed in getting a quote of 5k for a new gearbox for a car done only 41k

Automatic licence: can we drive mmt/itronic cars - Avant

For a higher driving position you could think about a VW Golf Plus, Nissan Note or Ford C-Max (there should be good deals on current shape C-Maxes as a new model is about to come out.