2007 1.5dCi - Qashqai poor heating, anyone? - GemmaBear

Does anyone else have a crummy heater? I have been told by a plant technician that the diesel-engined cars don't have as good heaters as the petrol versions, but 45 minutes to get vaguely warm sounds a bit off. What can anyone else suggest?

2007 1.5dCi - Qashqai poor heating, anyone? - a900ss

Diesels do take a lot longer than petrol cars towarm up, it's their thermal efficeincy that makes them more economical.

Having said that, my car pumps out hot air within about 6 to 7 minutes of driving (Legacy diesel). Is your 45 mins an urban crawl or moving on roads?

I'd be asking them to look at the thermostat on that car for sure, ps what is the water temp gauge showing inside the car?

2007 1.5dCi - Qashqai poor heating, anyone? - injection doc
heres another 09 Quashqasi owner with the same issue. Diesels do take longer top warm than petrol but after 10 mins of driving i would expect it to be up to tempreture and hot.
I wonder if there may be an issue with these !

www.c*******.com/forum/post/index.htm?f=1&t=4009
2007 1.5dCi - Qashqai poor heating, anyone? - madf

My Yaris diesel requires about 10 miles before the heater gets really hot.

High efficiency diesels save fuel by converting less into heat. So in winter they take longer to heat up. And if you are stuck in traffic they cool down.

The engine made by Renault may be an unreliable heap of junk but it is fuel efficient.

Edited by madf on 17/12/2010 at 13:15

2007 1.5dCi - Qashqai poor heating, anyone? - AndyT

I had a '01 Clio with the original 65bhp 1.5 dci engine, and its heater wasn't at all bad. But, it did have an electrical boost heater of sorts, in that the heater matrix inlet hose in the engine bay had an inline alloy housing fitted, with three glowpugs installed in it.

2007 1.5dCi - Qashqai poor heating, anyone? - daveyjp
For any vehicle waiting 45 minutes before getting any warm air suggests a problem, does the temperature gauge register anything? If not I'd start with the thermostat then move on to the heater matrix and associated items.

Thanks to supplementary heaters the last four diesels I've owned have had warm air after about a minute, but the temperature gauge takes about 10 miles to read 'normal'.