2004 Audi A3 1.6 petrol manual - Audi A3 rear fog lights - GeorgeAudi

Bought said car 2 months ago and am a first time Audi owner and experienced home mechanic. Had occasion to use rear fog lights on mototrway recently and was constantly flashed at from following cars. On investigation it turns out that my rear fog light or lights were not working although tell-tale indicator on switch showed red. How do you access the rear fog lights to change bulbs - do you really have to remove acres of trim? All my previous cars (different makes) had a small access panel to access all types of rear lights and which was very easily removed.

2004 Audi A3 1.6 petrol manual - Audi A3 rear fog lights - Peter D

There is a small cover that you remove and undo the retaining nut then the lense comes out and disengages from two locating lugs on the front edge. There is only one rear fog lamp on the drivers side. Regards Peter

Edited by Peter D on 14/12/2010 at 12:16

There is a small cover that you remove and undo the retaining nut then the lense comes out and disengages from two locating lugs on the front edge. There is only one rear fog lamp on the drivers side. Regards Peter

Peter - sorry for slow reply. I did remove the light cluster (right/offside as you said that rear fog lamp was on the drivers side - I have 4 lamps in that cluster - tail, brake (stop), reversing and indicator but no rear fog light! Could you mean that the fog light is on the continental drivers side ie left/nearside? Graham

2004 Audi A3 1.6 petrol manual - Audi A3 rear fog lights - Peter D

If you have a 3 door then the fog light is in the cluster drivers side ( By law on RH drive ) If you have a sports back it in the light in the tailgate drivers side. I have the drawing if you post up your email address. Regards Peter

If you have a 3 door then the fog light is in the cluster drivers side ( By law on RH drive ) If you have a sports back it in the light in the tailgate drivers side. I have the drawing if you post up your email address. Regards Peter

Peter, Thanks for reply. I have a 3-dr. As said, I have 4 bulbs in the cluster, none of which is a fog lamp (tail, stop, brake, indicator). Please could you send your drawing to grahammoore98@yahoo.co.uk. Also do you have any more on my non-working rear washer , seperate post. No sign of leaking from a disconnected pipe anywhere. Regards, Graham