2004 Audi A3 1.6 petrol manual - Audi A3 rear washer - GeorgeAudi

Bought said car 2 months ago and am a first time Audi owner and an experienced home mechanic. Rear wash no longer works although you can hear the elec motor running when the stalk is activated. (Front washers are fine). I have cleared the 2 jets on the rear blade with a pin but this did not solve problem. Cannot see how to access 'plumbing' and no sign of liquid leaking out anywhere. Can anyone help please?

2004 Audi A3 1.6 petrol manual - Audi A3 rear washer - Peter D

This may be a pump problem and although you can hear it the pump rotar may have come off the shaft. Are you sure that fluid is not running out of the pipe that should be copled to the wiper motor. Regards Peter

2004 Audi A3 1.6 petrol manual - Audi A3 rear washer - GeorgeAudi

This may be a pump problem and although you can hear it the pump rotar may have come off the shaft. Are you sure that fluid is not running out of the pipe that should be copled to the wiper motor. Regards Peter

Peter, Thanks for reply - sorry for my slow response - Christmas etc. Are there 2 washer pumps - one for front and one for rear? If so, I could understand that the pump for the rear washer may have a detached rotor, but this must be a very rare occurence? Visual inspection is very difficult as the washer reservoir/pump(s) are so well hidden - I cannot see any leaks of fluid when viewing under the car when rear wash is demanded, so that would rule out a detached pipe in the engine compartment or for the length of the pipe run under the car. Perhaps I have a detached pipe at the rear end and my tailgate is filling up with fluid-but surely it would eventually run out somewhere. George