Ford Focus 1.4 '04 - Ford Focus 04 Dashboard Problems - aliasgamer

Hi all

I've been having a problem the last week or so with my focus. It was an intermittent fault, with all fault lights coming on and speed/petrol/temp gauges dropping to zero for a few seconds.

Unfortunately, the problem is now permanent it seems and the symptoms are as follows:-

- Temp/rpm/speedo/fuel gauges, needle at zero.
- Warning lights (coil/door open etc) flash constantly on and off in a 2x2 or 3x3 sequence it appears.
- When I put rear/front screen heaters on, it resets, sometimes after a couple of seconds, sometimes within a second.
- When I have wipers on, I hear a 'clicking' sound from upper passenger footwell.
- Sometimes when I switch wipers off, they stop mid-wipe.
- Indicators work but are sometimes sporadic in their flashing
- There is a horn/beep sound that is a single note every ten seconds coming from the right side of the driver footwell, not sure if this is where the ecu is located.

**The main lights work fine and so does the stereo

I'm planning on getting some electrical contact spray and removing/cleaning the earth straps on the body around the engine before I consider taking it to a garage.

I'm pretty skint so couldn't possibly afford to take to a Ford dealership and wondered if anyone else had experienced the same/similar problems with the focus, and how they got on with having it remedied?

Many thanks in advance for your input

Danny

Ford Focus 1.4 '04 - Ford Focus 04 Dashboard Problems - elekie&a/c doctor

Modern cars are very sensitive to voltage fluctuations.I would strongly suggest that you get the basic electrics checked out.Battery /connections and charging/alternator as a start.hth