Ford Focus - Battery/advice - which make, where to fit? - arnold2

Hi,

Think I may be in need of a new battery in my 4-year old Focus 1.8TDCi - what is a good make of battery, and where should I get it fitted - dealer, KwikFit, Halfords, etc?!

Ford Focus - Battery/advice - which make, where to fit? - piggy

Try http:// performancebatteries.co.uk They can supply Varta batteries which are of excellent quality. Their prices seem to be much more reasonable than retailers like Halfords.

Ford Focus - Battery/advice - which make, where to fit? - mikej

I paid around £90 for a Halfords Calcium battery a few years ago, but it was Sunday and I was desperate. Saying that, it was more powerful than the OEM Ford (Motorcraft) battery and came with a 3 year guarantee.

You should be able to get hold of a Bosch or Varta equivalent for closer to £50 I would have thought.

Fitting it yourself shouldn't be too hard - there will be plenty of 'how to' guides online. Just make sure you disconnect the negative terminal first when removing the old one and connect it last when fitting the new one. You may need the security code for your stereo.

The Mk1 Focus needed a Calcium (not lead) battery, so your Mk2 is likely to be the same I would have thought.

Edited by mikej on 08/12/2010 at 22:48

Ford Focus - Battery/advice - which make, where to fit? - Tom H

I have been looking for a battery for my 2002 1.6 petrol Focus. If you are prepared to fit it yourself, www.tanya.co.uk seems to offer a good range at good prices, and tells you what to buy. However, neither that site nor any other I have looked at will say which batteries are Calcium.

Ford Focus - Battery/advice - which make, where to fit? - quizman
The Varta blue and silver are calcium.
Vartas are excellent batteries. Get the biggest amp one which will fit in the battery tray.
Ford Focus - Battery/advice - which make, where to fit? - Hash

Well Halfords offer a good service in terms of batteries.

They can find which battery you need for your car within a minute, test your current battery whilst your there and fit it for you as well as recycle your old battery. So you'll be in and out within 10 minutes however it is rather expensive service!

Ford Focus - Battery/advice - which make, where to fit? - Talking Hoarse

If you are a member @ Costco - Bosch batteries are usually good value there, but you fit yourself. Remember - find out your radio code before disconnecting the battery.

Ford Focus - Battery/advice - which make, where to fit? - arnold2

Great advice as ever! Yes, will get the radio code before I replace....!