Toyota corolla 2.0 diesel-opinions - john96
Guys,
still looking for new car!!
Any views on longevity of these, I know the pipe+slipper image!
Pros seem to be that for same price as 100k+octavia, I can get a 50-70k model from the same year.
Minus is that its a much older car (introduced in 2001). But am looking to keep whatever I get for next 5 years.
Toyota corolla 2.0 diesel-opinions - Dutchie

Whats your gut feeling john.which car would you like.They both are good cars and depending on previous owners thats how i would make my choice.

Most of the changes on cars are cosmetic every year and if a car like the Toyota was introduced in 2001 the bad points should have been ironed out.

Toyota corolla 2.0 diesel-opinions - john96
I like both tbh, but for different reasons. I dont need an estate, but I think the octy one looks very nice, also the pd engine is smoother and even more economical than the d4d, however toyota diesels dont seem to suffer as many ( expensive!) turbo failures as VAG. Overall quality seems better on the toyota.

Toyota corolla 2.0 diesel-opinions - Dutchie

The majority of Octavia owners I have read about on this forum are happy with their cars.They are nice looking cars and very well put together.Turbo failure can happen on any car,people like injection doc have far more knowledge than me and can problaby tell you more about the turbo on a Octavia.Myself looking at both cars i would pick the Octavia.