Am i prejudiced by this accident - hypman
Hi
I was hit by another driver who then admitted responsibility. I was then offered a rental car with enterprise paid for by the other party. When I got the rental car from then, i was told to note and report any dents/scratches on the car. I told them what i saw, but since then have noticed something i didnt see then- the front wheel is scuffed.

As i was not in any fault for the original accident is it fair for them to charge me for damage to that wheel if they dont believe i didnt do it. That is to say that i feel i shouldnt have to pay any excess for a rented car, in my opinion the other partys insurance should pay for any damage otherwise it potentially makes me out of pocket for an accident that wasnt my fault.

The last time someone else hit my car i got a car from the repairers and they never asked about noting damage etc. If enterprise think i have damaged this rental car surely they will try and charge me?

What do you think?

Thanks

Edited by hypman on 30/11/2010 at 20:30

Am i prejudiced by this accident - LucyBC

The driver in the original accident is not responsible for paying for any damage inflicted on the hire car. He has no liability for that at all.

You were asked to check the vehicle and if it was not present or noted either when it came off the previous hire or when you received it the implication is that you caused it and the claim is against you.

If you are certain you did not cause it then -- if they pick it up when you take it back -- your best hope is that it was noted at the previous hand-back and you need the paperwork or you will be charged for it.

Am i prejudiced by this accident - Andy P

...and with Enterprise it's a flat £500 fee irrespective of the type/magnitude of the damage.

I had a car from them for 3 weeks while mine was being repaired, but I opted to pay £6 a day to waive the damage excess - travelling on motorways there was always the chance of being hit by stones thrown up by other vehicles.