Ford C-MAX - 3 Year Service Deal - Geraldo

I've just been quoted, by a Ford dealer, £596.16 for 3 services and 1 MOT for my 59reg 1600cc. It's payable monthly by direct debit and is based on 12k miles per annum. Deal or No Deal ?

Ford C-MAX - 3 Year Service Deal - ForumNeedsModerating

Well, it's not no-brainer cheap, just under £200 a service & if the services are similar to the schedules for my (as yet to get 1st service) Mondeo, there are optional 'extras' which may appear on your bill - should you have them.

There's also the thing of them finding, say, 'you need new pads/discs/ etc' or maybe a big crop of stuff come MOT time - never a good idea I don't think to get the servicing dealer to MOT the car - too much risk of a conflict of interest.

You might even find yourself away or source another dealer in the meantime whom you prefer or are away etc., but still stuck with this deal.

Ford C-MAX - 3 Year Service Deal - Collos25

A lot of money for an oil change and an mot cert.

Ford C-MAX - 3 Year Service Deal - AnotherWaiting

Interesting… Is it just Ford who would only change the oil and MOT the car over the three years or do you think it’s the same with deals on offer from Renault, Toyota, VW, Mitsubishi & BMW?

If I bought a new Golf would it be a bad move to take up such an offer? Or is it never a good idea to have a main dealer service on a new VW because they would only change the oil.

Or would it be different if with the same new Golf you paid for each of the services individually?

I realise that’s a bit of a generalisation but as Geraldo doesn’t mention his dealer or location I assume you mean it’s the case with all Ford dealers?

Ford C-MAX - 3 Year Service Deal - Dutchie

I dont think Andy meant just Ford dealers.

If the service package is comprehensive brake pads fluid changes etc.It wouldn't be a bad deal what the OP is offered.

Like somebody ones told me the devil is in the detail.

Ford C-MAX - 3 Year Service Deal - Geraldo

The offer excluded items replaced for wear and tear.

I've since spoken to my local Ford dealer who tells me their C-Max service charges are: 1st service £120 2nd service £150 3rd service £170 MOT £54 (all rounded up) so thats about £100 cheaper currently whereas the other offer was price fixed.