peugeot 206cc 1.6 - clutch - freebirdlsd37

have a pug 206cc and though I know the biting point on these cars is high thats all i know lol!

someone said my clutch needs adjusting but i didnt think these could be????? am i just stupid? i have no problem changing gears but it sometimes 'over revs' when i speed up and feels like its going no where but then settles and the revs go back to normal....is this the cars way of telling me the clutch needs replacing? my foot is virtually off the clutch before it bites. the car has only done 23000.

is there some way for me to be sure the clutch needs replacing before taking it in to be done and anyone know roughly how much?

thanks in advance for any advice :-)

peugeot 206cc 1.6 - clutch - Railroad.

I can't remember if these have a cable operated or hydraulically operated clutch. If it's the latter then there is no means of adjustment. If it has a cable then firstly check to make sure you have about 1" of free play on the cltuch pedal. If you have no free play you need to slacken the cable at the clutch release arm until you do. If this doesn't solve the problem then you need a new clutch.....

peugeot 206cc 1.6 - clutch - combatjohnny666

hi there, i have a pug 206 on a 1999 reg , and my biting point was right at the top and when i put the the foot to the floor it would rev up but not go anywhere, so like you i thought it might be the clutch on its way out , so i took the gearbox off to check the clutch , but to my suprize , it was'nt the clutch that gone, it was the clutch release bearing was smashed to peices, but the clutch was looking low , so ordered a new clutch kit(which you get the clutch release bearing in the kit) which cost me £85 , but as im fitting it myself , im saving me about £300 as its bit of a buggy to do the clutch, as to take a lot of things off.. hope this helps