Ford Focus 2007 1.6 TDCi Estate - Ford Focus Headlamp Removal - EChen

I'm trying to change the off side dipped beam bulb. The book says to take the headlamp out. I undid the screw on the top and the clips underneath and moved it out a little. Next step is to disconnect the witing plug. It is difficult to access and I cannot see how to extract it.

Is there a locking tab or does it unscrew? Is any one able to give me an idiots guide on how to disconnect the connector?

Thanks in anticipation.

EChen

Ford Focus 2007 1.6 TDCi Estate - Ford Focus Headlamp Removal - elekie&a/c doctor

You need to get the headlight as far out as possible that the wiring will allow.There is a locking tab on the connector that requires pushing down to release,but don't pull on it while doing so as this will make it more dificult to disconnect.hth

You need to get the headlight as far out as possible that the wiring will allow.There is a locking tab on the connector that requires pushing down to release,but don't pull on it while doing so as this will make it more dificult to disconnect.hth

Thank you for your response. I got the unit out as far as I could but couldn't find any thing that looked like a locking tab. in the end I managed with great difficulty, to get the cover off the back of the bulbs and change the dipped beam bulb without removing the light unit completely. My focus is on a 57 plate - I wonder if it has been modified? the vehicle hand book just says "take the headlight out" by undoing the screw at the top.

If I ever manage to get the headlight out would there be any danger in fiiting extended leads to the wiring so the light comes out far enough to be able to actually see what I'm doing?

EChen

Ford Focus 2007 1.6 TDCi Estate - Ford Focus Headlamp Removal - Dutchie

Hello EChen.

Handbooks are very basic ususally undo screw remove this whoever writes these books live in cloud cuckoo land.Any light bulb on any car shouldn't take longer than five minutes by a novice Electrical connections should be push pull.Maybe extended leads might be a good idear EChen .

Thanks for for taking the time to respond.

I'll have a look at modifying the cables when I have the time and I'm not stood out in our driveway in the dark in the freezing cold like I was when changing the bulb.....................

Regards

EChen