MOT and V5C - andyrooke

hiya

i bought a car from a dealer on 29/10/10 they told me it had a 7month MOT

this has turned out not to be true and to cover themselves they changed the date on the V5C ie the date i aquired the car have you ever this hapen to you? and do you think this is illegal?

andy

MOT and V5C - Peter D

Changed it to what. How did you pay for the car. Did they not give you and MOT when you collected the car. Regards Peter

MOT and V5C - andyrooke

i bought the car on finance and i have returned it back to them and i am in the process going through a lengthy battle with them to get the finance cancelled.. i bought the car on the 29/10/10 and the garage changed the date to the 10/11/10..i did not get an mot certificate in my hand they told me it was in the car with the hand book and other documents..i thought it was a respectable dealer so i took there word for it feel bit like an idiot.

andy

MOT and V5C - LucyBC
You are talking about a two week difference - so even if you are right we are presumably talking about the difference between a 7 month MOT and a 6 1/2 month MOT. This would be pushing "not as described" to its boundaries if it ever got to court.

Is there some other reason why you are trying to reject the vehicle?