Ford Focus 2 2007 - Pollen Filter in Mk2 Focus - Pete Mansell

Has anyone actually tried to replace the pollen filter in a Mk 2 Focus? It is situated behind the dashboard on this model. The Haynes manual says you have to remove the glove box for access.

I have just had this car serviced by a Ford main dealer and was charged for a new pollen (odour) filter. However, I am certain the glove box has not been removed, so am wondering if the filter has actually been changed. Access seems pretty difficult, even with the glove box removed, but have Ford found a different way of doing it, or have I been conned?

I did try to see if the filter element is new, but chickened out when I saw all the wiring and fuse box and connections which have to be disturbed.

Can a mod please move this to Technical.

Edited by Pete Mansell on 20/11/2010 at 16:11

Ford Focus 2 2007 - Pollen Filter in Mk2 Focus - spikeyhead {p}

www.puravent.co.uk/filters/display_filter.php?id=3...3

is the usual reference point, but unfortunately this is one of teh few cars where there are no instructions.

Ford Focus 2 2007 - Pollen Filter in Mk2 Focus - Collos25

They are sods to fit and if not done correctly the result is a wet passenger floor.I did a friends last week that had been changed by the main dealer in its last service and the first rain it flooded the passengar well.I told him to take it back but we did it ourselves making sure we replaced the b****umen seal something the main agents had not done.

I do not know if you trust your garage but they are a real money earnerfor them.